The Dean’s Office provides holistic support as Williams students navigate their experiences at the College. In partnership with students, faculty and staff across campus, we aim to promote students’ growth and abilities during and after their college experience.
What We Do:
In supporting students, we encourage active problem solving, proactive use of resources, and meaningful community engagement. Some of the ways we do this include:
- Welcoming students to the Williams community
- Advising on academic life and personal balance
- Connecting students with campus resources tailored to their individual needs
- Talking through personal challenges
- Developing programming with campus partners
- Training and supporting student leaders
- Providing international student support
- Upholding community standards
The Dean’s Office operates under a class dean model. Although we have not undergone any major restructuring, this model helps streamline our support for students. Please note students are not required to meet with the class dean, but should start with that dean for questions and an introduction to office resources if needed.
In addition to supporting the class, each dean provides generalist support to students as well as works on specialized areas. To find out more about the deans, please click under the “Our Staff” section below.
- First Year Students: Christina Walsh
- Sophomore Year Students: Tamanika Steward
- Junior Year Students: Rebecca Garcia
- Senior Year Students: Janice Williams Janice Williams
- International Students: Ninah Pretto
Office Hours: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, Monday-Friday. More details here.
Emergency/After Hours – Call Campus Safety & Security 413-597-4444A Dean on Call is available for after hours emergency support by calling CSS at 597-4444.For non-emergency issues (such as those related to academic requests), a Dean will respond to you during normal business hours.
Committees that work closely with the Dean of the College
- Honor & Discipline (Click here)
- Committee on Academic Standing (Click here)
- Committee on Educational Affairs (Click here)
- Committee on Student Life (Click here)
- Diversity Action Research Team (Click here)