Entry and Neighborhood Activity Funds

Entry Activity Funds, Neighborhood Activity Funds, and House Activity Funds exist to provide some means to help foster a sense of community within the residence halls. By participating in entry, neighborhood, and house programming and social activities, campus residents might view their residence as a home to be well–maintained and respected in which to socialize with other residents. The following policies govern the use of EAF, NAF and HAF.

1. EAF, NAF & HAF funds must be used to support a sense of community within the residences or neighborhoods. This sense of community can be created in a number of ways, including snacks, dinners and movie nights, discussion groups, intramural programs, video–game tournaments, event–trips off–campus, etc. There is an endless array of possibilities.

2. The needs of all residents should be taken into consideration in the year–long planning of EAF, NAF, or HAF supported programs, not just the needs of the majority.

3. In order to use EAF, NAF, or HAF funds, the Junior Advisor, Neighborhood Leadership team member, or the House Coordinator must submit the online Pcard Request Form to obtain a Pcard to use for expenditures. In the event that a Pcard is not accepted by the provider of the service or product being purchased, the Neighborhood Board member or the House Coordinator should contact the Assistant Director for Residential Life and Housing in the Office of Student Life to arrange for a voucher or a cash advance, and the Junior Advisor should contact the Dean’s Office for assistance.

4. All supporting documentation (receipts, contracts, etc.) must be submitted for expenses, including detailed item–by–item receipts from restaurants, etc.

5. EAF/NAF/HAF funds may not be used to purchase electronics and technology items or any items that will not stay with the residence beyond that particular year. EAF/NAF/HAF funds may not be used to purchase alcohol, other drugs, tobacco products, pornography, strippers, for gambling purposes, for any activity that puts students or the community at risk or in danger, or for any activity that is offensive to the community.

6. Any overexpenditure at the end of the academic year will be billed to the student account of the individual responsible for the overexpenditure.

7. EAF/NAF/HAF funds may not be used to pay for damages to the entry/neighborhood/house, unless the damages are the direct result of an activity sponsored by the entry/neighborhood/house. Damage costs must be billed to the student(s) responsible for the damage, or they will be split and billed to the student accounts of the residents of the entry or house.

8. Final approval for all EAF/NAF/HAF transactions lies with the College; specifically, final approval for all EAF transactions lies with the Dean’s Office and the Controller’s Office, and final approval for all NAF and HAF transactions lies with the Assistant Director for Residential Life and Housing and the Controller’s Office.