- This free service is dedicated to non-emergent medical transportation only and will be provided throughout the summer (24 hours/day)
- Students should call (413) 597 – 4545 to request a ride (it is strongly encouraged you provide 24 hours to insure the vehicle will be available at the time requested)
- Be prepared to provide:
- Your name
- A call back number
- The street address and name of the business/clinic where you have your appointment
- The time of your appointment
- All rides leave from and return to Hopkins Hall / Campus Safety & Security – no other locations are permitted
- The non-emergent medical transportation service is continually responding to calls and transporting students, so there may be wait times to return to campus. Discuss this directly with your driver so you can plan accordingly.
Q: What medical services are eligible for the NEMT?
A: Prescription pickups, doctor’s appointments, physical therapy appointments, dental visits, urgent care visits, x-rays, blood tests, etc. are examples of the types of eligible services. You can also call for pickup if you were taken to a hospital within the service range for an emergency and need a ride back to campus after discharge.
Q: What is the range of the service?
A: The service includes major portions of Berkshire and Bennington Counties – as far south as Pittsfield and as far north as SVMC. If you aren’t sure if your destination qualifies – just ask!
Q: Why are all pickups/drop-offs at Hopkins Hall for the summer and not Thompson Health Center?
A: Thompson Health Center is closed over the summer and Campus Safety & Security (located in Hopkins Hall) will be activating the service until the start of the academic year
Q: Will I be able to use this service to pick up my prescriptions?
A: Yes, but only at the Williamstown Rite Aid (Walgreens Pharmacy) in Colonial Plaza (212 Main Street, Williamstown). Be sure to have prescriptions sent there and not another pharmacy.
Q: Can I bring a friend with me?
A: In order to make sure we have enough space in the van for people using the service we ask that you not bring a friend unless it is a necessity.