Williams offers assistance to survivors of sexual assault, relationship abuse, and stalking through Sexual Assault Survivor Services (SASS). The SASS team consists of specially trained Williams staff: Meg Bossong (Dir. of Sexual Assault Prevention and Response), Donna Denelli-Hess (Health Educator), and Rick Spalding (Chaplain). These staff are confidential within the campus system.
SASS is available 24 hours a day, year-round, and can be reached at 413-597-3000.
- help you connect to support and safety resources on and off campus.
- provide crisis support outside of business hours.
- accompany you to medical or legal appointments, to the Dean’s office or Campus Safety, or through any other part of the process of recovery.
If you wish to report a sexual assault or sexual exploitation for disciplinary action at the college or for prosecution through the police, click here.
Confidential resources with special training in helping survivors of sexual assault are available at:
- Sexual Assault Survivor Services (SASS) 413-597-3000
- Williams College Health Center 413-597-2206
- Williams College Psychological Counseling 413-597- 2353 (or on call 24/7 through Campus Safety at 413-597-4444)
- Elizabeth Freeman Center 24/7 hotline 413-499-2425
- Meg Bossong, Director of Sexual Assault Prevention and Response 413-597-4977
- Donna Denelli-Hess (Health Educator) 413-597-3013
- National Sexual Assault Hotline 1-800-656-HOPE
- National Sexual Assault Online Hotline – https://ohl.rainn.org/online/
- For a list of resources with particular focus on the needs of LGBTQ survivors, see http://barcc.org/information/resources-online/glbt